From Hyatt Regency ballrooms to eSpaces shared meeting rooms across the country, over the next few weeks, healthcare vendors are meeting to rally their sales teams and develop strategies for closing more business in 2016. Top challenges to address include:
- Gaining access to and mindshare of decision-makers
- Managing and accelerating uncertain and elongated sales cycles
- Understanding competitive differentiation
- Maximizing current customer relationships
A word of advice to those CEOs and Chief Sales Officers – rethink every sales strategy, tactic, and investment that may have worked for you in the past. You are wasting your time, money and risking the viability of your business. The market will demand this for two key reasons:
1. The Math Does Not Work
With accelerated consolidation of both providers and payers, there are fewer decision-making entities and fewer individuals at those organizations with buying authority. At the same time, there is an explosion in the number of vendors, with blurred, buzzword-filled messages, all targeting the same finite audience. Limitations of time and understanding dictate that your prospects and customers need a better way to connect with you.
2. The Shift from Volume to Value Applies to Vendors Also
As healthcare organizations struggle to adapt their business model, there is no longer tolerance for vendors whose primary purpose is to make their own sales quota. That should be the result of your primary purpose being achieved. Today’s market dictates that solution providers be dedicated to enabling a better outcome to be achieved. Efforts need to be targeted to making a difference instead of merely making a sale.
In launching Lucro, we have collaborated with healthcare executives from many of the largest health systems and payers (such as HCA, Dignity, CHS, Tenet, Texas Health, LifePoint, BCBS Minnesota) to develop a new way for them to connect with innovative solution providers. So, as your sales leadership is huddling, here is what you need to know about how they do not want to connect with you:
- Being continuously spammed by clever email drip campaigns. They get too many emails to manage already and they do not trust the claims anyway.
- Cold calls from telesales people. Increasingly a full-time, annoying job for their gate-keepers to play defense.
- Wandering through a conference exhibit hall. They don’t want a piece of chocolate badly enough to risk making eye contact with your sales rep (should they look up from their phones as they staff your booth).
- Pre-arranged “speed dates” at boondoggle, resort-based, high-pressure events. For the same reason, they don’t agree to sitting in on a pitch for a time-share to get a free vacation offered by the guy calling them at home.
In the coming months, the buyers and influencers at leading health systems will begin to redirect your selling efforts into the Lucro Marketplace. Buyers want to know the facts about your products and services, around which they can privately collaborate with their trusted peers. There is no cost for you to claim and curate your solution card to ensure the information is as accurate and complete as possible.
- Health systems will be asking their current vendors to complete solution card(s) in Lucro
- Decision-makers and influencers will refuse unsolicited emails and cold calls, redirecting vendors to complete their solution card, preferring to initially discover and evaluate new solutions on Lucro
- As buyers compare products and services on Lucro and encounter incomplete solution cards, they will either omit that product from consideration or notify the vendor to complete their information.
To gain a virtual seat at the table with the over 1,000 hospitals currently in the Lucro early adopter network, click here to claim and complete your company’s profile and solution card(s). As the marketplace expands with general availability in the next few months, Lucro will help your company raise visibility, gain clarity and focus for your limited resources, and provide a vehicle for your happy customers to drive your company’s growth.
To gain a virtual seat at the table with the over 1,000 hospitals currently in the Lucro early adopter network, claim and complete your company’s profile and solution card(s). As the marketplace expands with general availability in the next few months, Lucro will help your company raise visibility, gain clarity and focus for your limited resources, and provide a vehicle for your happy customers to drive your company’s growth.
Here’s to a new world of accelerated healthcare innovation in 2016!
Founder & CEO