We all talk to our friends - for fun, for business, and for sound boarding. In the healthcare sphere, we rely on subject matter experts, fellow mentors, and c-suiters to guide us where they have had similar successes or roadblocks. With more than 20% of the hospital market in the United States represented in Lucro, that’s a whole lot of brainpower I’ve been able to assess and find some common themes.
Who is a part of the Lucro brainpower?
Here is an overview of our health system population. We also have ambulatory surgical centers, payors, physician groups, and treatment centers that contribute to the platform.
In Lucro, hospital and health systems create ‘boards’ for projects to address challenges or opportunities that support their strategic priorities. The goal is to align internally to clearly defined topics of interest or focus that may need new (or currently owned) products or services to be solved - whether clinical, financial or operational.
From the initial inventory of boards in Lucro, I’ve identified these main categories where other health systems are focusing their resources and seeking innovative solutions:
It surprised me that 31% of projects in Lucro are focused on finding retention and satisfaction solutions - including patient experience improvement and internal communication improvement. However, it’s no secret that the leading need in the industry is for interoperability and improved information management systems.
An interesting observation is that there is an range of boards, from broad (often focused on market research) to specific (around more immediate decisions). Feedback from our users indicates that the more specific and detailed you are about what you are trying to achieve, the more relevant the vendor submissions will likely be.
Board examples to get your own wheels turning
What problems are you working on?
- Cardiac Care Pathway Coordination
- Objective: Standardizing care protocols across system and post-acute to better coordinate care for CABG, PCI, and AMI episodes of care.
- Medication Diversion Detection Software and Analytics
- Objective: Identify providers of solutions for detecting medication diversion events in an inpatient setting
- Breaking Down Care Team Silos
- Objective: Discover solutions that can assist in creating an easy and convenient transmission of information and communication between care providers regarding a patient.
Client Happiness Extraordinaire, Lucro